Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

I received a very kind award invitation from the  The Plumed Pen  blog.   Merci.  You all know I’ve just arrived to the blogosphere so all this is still rather new.  I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself.  

 Hmmm...

Of course before I get started I need some inspiration...Tea usually perks me up...but I have nothing to nibble on.



Perhaps the little café around the corner would help...nice atmosphere, great people-watching...

That's better, and one of these...


Now I can get some work done...

1.) I have a sweet tooth.  You've figured that out by now, and I have the figure to prove it…Uh oh!



2.) I have a travel business  Paris Travel Group.com.   I design personalized itineraries and private walking tours in Paris and I love it.



3.) I always wear dresses or skirts.  I dislike jeans (okay I do have one pair).



4.) I prefer tea over coffee. Teatime with all the accoutrements. A silver tea service is a weakness.



5.) Found an easy recipe for madeleines - my honey’s favorite gateau (cake).



6.) I love to write letters using an antique inkwell, quill pen and a wax seal.



7.) I love candlelight – makes everything and everyone softer and prettier, and did I mention it is oh so romantic!

Not terribly interesting but that’s my list.



Put a Little Ooh La La in Your Life!



15 comments:

Wanda Lee said...

I love what you've shared; I always love little human interest bits of trivia!.., Glad to send a much deserved award your way!..,

I love The Salon Du Chocolat displays so elegant and what a delicious aroma!~ I can only imagine.., Lovely Teapots and treats pics as well.., I posted a little vignette of yours today on Tuesday Tea For Two, because it happened to fit our theme for the day so well! Your blog link is listed there as well..,

Cheers from Silken Purse

Petit Coterie said...

So happy that you stopped by my blog as it gave me an opportunity to visit your lovely blog. Merci

Michelle

Parisbreakfasts said...

what a nice lot of Oooo la la you have going on!
Excellent and highly enviable...
Miam

Abatevintage said...

Oh thank you so much for stopping by to visit me today and your lovely comments. Its wonderful to meet you, I have followed your blog, wow you live in Paris how lovely that must be. I have only seen photos on television I think it would be heavenly to go there. Thank you for your wonderful compliments towards my weight loss, that is so nice of you.

Blessings,
Heidi

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi there, many thanks for stopping by and following me. Welcome to the world of blogging !!!!.... and well done on your award.
Tea and cake is lovely and also a very English pastime. I wouldn't mind a piece of that cake, right now !!!!. XXXX

Rita said...

Bonsoire Madam "Bonjour Romance",
very pleased to meet you and your lovely blog. Found a comment of yourse somewhere and got so intrigued by the name of your blog that I HSD to drop by. And now that I have, I'm so glad I did.
Your blog is tres romantique, full of genuine inspiration and inviting. Coming back often is really a must-do.
meantime, I'll be delighted if you'll come and visit my blog at http://ritashabbychicrose.blogspot.com/
I'll be happy to show you around a bit. After all, Italy is not so far away from France and, though this might not be your cup of tea, I love country french home decor...
Until our next virtual meeting in blogland, take care.
Rita

♥Cantinho da Nete ♥ said...

Bonjour cher I love your blog, donc je suis romantica personne romantique!


baisers

♥Cantinho da Nete ♥ said...

I love Paris un jour, je veux savoir cette belle ville.

tester said...

Another really interesting post! Glad to know about your Paris Travel Group. My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris in December and would love one of your personalised itineraries. Heading over there right now!

Unknown said...

You are so right about candlelight...it is most flattering, and sometimes we need all the help we can get! I certainly have been enjoying your lovely posts.

Kori said...

Great post! I am so excited to follow your blog! Have a wonderful weekend. Take care, Kori xoxo

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful post! It conjures up all sorts of images... I have some old writing boxes, ink wells, pens and sealing wax that were passed down from previous generations and old letters tied in bundles with string. They were so fancy back then.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on my blog! It really means a lot to me. I am honored to be listed on your "blogs that inspire" list. Your blog is a joy to read with so many great pictures, and truly inspiring to me!

Bonnie

debra@dustjacket said...

I loved your list, candlelight is so relaxing and gorgeous!
xxx

French Kissed said...

Bonjour Mimi. I am thrilled you stopped by to say hello. Love your site. With the launch of your blog, you have just made the blogosphere a better and more beautiful place. Looking forward to following you around Paris and getting your insights...like who knew Mariage Fréres in the 6th was less crowded...our apartment is in the Marais and so we brave the crowds. My daughter is there full time, so I will send her your link as I know she would enjoy your site.

~Jermaine~

Jenny said...

What is or where is the madeleines recipe s'il vous plait? I love your early entries.